The chief Ayurvedic physician at kalpaviruksha Dr.B.A.Uma, completed her Ayurvedic course from Dr. M.G.R. Medical University at Coimbatore Ayurveda college in the year 2001. She is University Rank holder in PANCHAKARMA. She hails from a family of western medical practitioners who specialise in various fields. She has undergone trainings in the following
- International Ayurveda Congress meet, Chennai (1999)
- International Ayurveda Congress, Cochin, Kerala (2003)
- International Ayurveda Seminar , Bangalore (2003)
- International Panchakarma Workshop, Chennai (2006)
- International Conference on Globalization of Indian Medical system, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore (2006)
- Importance of Herbs and Herbal Garden , Avinashilingam Deemed University, Coimbatore (2006)
- Quiet a large number of presentations about Health, wellness and Ayurveda to the public through ladies club of coimbatore, Rotary club of coimbatore and Health Awareness programme conducted by professionals.
- “Basics of Ayurveda” – at “AAROGYAM” Health expo by The new Indian express on 15.03.2014
The principal investigator ,Dr.B.A Uma has more than 15yrs of professional experience in Ayurvedic Medical system . She is a versatile Ayurvedic doctor with vast knowledge and research experience in this field. She has conducted more than 50 one day free Ayurvedic Camps benefiting about ten thousand people. The beneficiaries include women, children and old people with various ailments such as Gynecological, asthmatic, rheumatic, E.N.T and orthopedic disorders. Further, the patients hail from agricultural families of this region. Hence she plans to integrate Ayuvedic medicine with Agricultural activities such as cultivation of medicinal and vegetable plants, establishment of Beehives and harnessing renewable energy like solar energy and recycling the organic waste to produce biomanure.
Dr.Uma is the author of few journals like pregnancy journal and the Ayuvreda Journal published by Srinivas fine arts, Nightingale diaries, sivakasi.
Dr.B.A.Uma hails from a family of western medical practitioners. Dr.K.Arumugam, Senior Doctor, Her father is a General Medical Practitioner. Dr.A.Sridevi, Specialized in Family and child medicine, Her husband Dr.L.Vasantha kumar anaesthesiologist. Dr.Senthilkumar, Paediatric surgeon, betterhalf of Dr.Uma all form a full support to the Ayurvedic centre.